So, 10 Little Things I Do To Live a Happier, Healthier Life. none of this is very creative or profound, but every little bit helps, right?
- I exercise with my Wii fit at least 4 times a week. This is something i had gotten out of the habit of doing, and I am so glad I started up again. It really does make me feel better.
- I drink 10 glasses of water a day. This one is so hard for me because I truly do not like water, but I feel much better when I get my water in.
- I've replaced all the sugary snacks in our house with fruits, veggies, nuts, and sometimes yogurt. The kids didn't complain about it nearly as much as i thought they would.
- Open up the windows and let some fresh air and sunshine in! This does wonders for lifting your spirits!
- Better yet, I go outside a play with my kids. I try really hard to get the kids to spend at least an hour a day outside playing. I figure we need to take advantage of the beautiful weather before the triple digit heat hits!
- Getting enough sleep is something I'm trying really hard to do. I have major insomnia, so this is hard for me. But, my body just doesn't function well on 2 hours of sleep, so I'm trying to get to bed at a decent hour.
- Relax and take time for yourself. This could be as simple as taking a bubble bath with your favorite chick lit novel. I don't take care of me near enough, but I'm working on it.
- Just dance! yes, nothing lifts my mood quite like shaking my booty around the house. It makes you feel better and makes you move all at the same time!
- Eating breakfast. This is something I am so bad about. I've been making myself eat breakfast the past few weeks and it has made a huge difference in how I feel. I've got to keep this up and stop skipping meals!
- Don't sweat the small stuff. The dishes can wait if my kids want to play Monopoly with Mom. Staying stressed over littler things doesn't help and definitely hurts how I feel. Letting go can be awesome!
I wrote this blog post while participating in the TwitterMoms and Tropicana Trop50 blogging program to be eligible to win 6 free Juicy Rewards points and a $30 gift card. For more information on how you can participate, click here.