Some rights reserved by Emmaline
I'm drinking a lot of smoothies for breakfast lately. Let's be real here, I'm drinking a lot of smoothies for most meals because there are far too many days lately that chewing just isn't possible. My teeth, I can't even explain. Although not eating seemed like a great option to me, the light headedness and lethargy brought on by doing so didn't make working a whole lot of fun. So, smoothies were my answer. Energy, protein, calcium, and no chewing involved!
You don't really need a recipe for a smoothie, you can pretty much throw anything into a blender and make something great. You know, within reason. I wouldn't toss is frozen salmon, yogurt, and peaches for instance. But, you can have a lot of fun being creative and coming up with your own signature concoctions. I like to play around with it, but I do here are a few recipes I've used as is and have played around with too. Good stuff in a cup I tell you!
Tip: I peel, slice, and freeze bananas in small freezer bags. If a recipe calls for banana or is a smoothie recipe banana would work in, I always use frozen banana slices instead of ice. It gives it more flavor while thickening the smoothie.
- Pumpkin Oatmeal Smoothie recipe - I love pumpkin more than most things and I love oatmeal. Combine the two and you have a happy Nessa at breakfast time.
- Chocolate Peanut Butter Banana Oatmeal Smoothie recipe - Did you read the name of this recipe? Do I even need to explain further? I thought not.
- Apple Cinnamon Oatmeal Smoothie recipe - Apple cinnamon oatmeal all hot and delicious on a cold winter day is always a hit. Although served cold, the same flavors are all combined here for a comforting, refreshing smoothie to start your day right.
- Orange Dreamsicle Smoothie recipe - I just found this one recently and am hooked. I love the creamy orange goodness of a Dreamsicle and this smoothie captures it perfectly.
- Mommy Wake Up Breakfast Smoothie recipe - It's like creamy, indulgent coffee, but packs more of a nutritional punch than just a cup of joe.