Checking out at CVS this afternoon the clerk asked me if I would be interested in a $2.99 DVD player. When I asked why they were so cheap, he explained they'd been in stock awhile and just hadn't sold. I snatched one up because I have been using Little Miss' and have been looking for a good deal on a DVD player. The best part was paying with a $3 ECB making it free. I don't know if all stores are clearancing these babies, but it's worth looking into. It's a Sylvania player, normally priced $29.99. It's a pretty good deal if you ask me!
You don't need a DVD player? At $3 bucks, why not grab one and then:
- Save it for Toys for Tots next Christmas
- Donate it to a local women and children's shelter
- Donate it to a children's hospital
- Donate it to your local Head Start
- Go to AnySoldier.com, adopt a service member, and send it to the troops
- Donate it to your church
Those are just a few ideas off the top of my head, but you see where I'm going with this. I'm a firm believer there's always a use for a good deal.